Please see our Visit England Accessibility guide for further information
Visitors with mobility impairments
- Level access entry from Church Street
- Lift available to all floors and outside spaces
- Seating available throughout the Gallery
- Accessible toilets are available next to the café
- There are Changing Places toilets available in the Town Hall and in the Library at the Lightbox, both less than half a mile away in the town centre
Visitors with hearing impairments
- Portable hearing loops available on the front desk - please speak to a member of staff for further information
- Subtitles on films
Visitors with visual impairments
- Assistance dogs are welcome in all areas of the Gallery
Visitors with autism or learning disabilities
- We have social stories for each of our sites
- We have sensory backpacks available with ear defenders, fidget toys and torches - please ask at reception
- Our garden area is usually a relaxed and calm environment, but please check our events page for details of activities that maybe taking place on specific days.
We will be holding a Relaxed Opening on Monday 25th October the Cooper Gallery and Experience Barnsley Museum, where interactives will be turned down or off to create a quieter experience. This is during October half term, so we cannot guarantee the numbers of visitors in the Museum.
We have audio descriptions of a selection objects from our collections.