Visitors with mobility impairments
- Level access entry from Church Street
- Lift available to all floors and outside spaces
- Seating available throughout the Gallery
- Accessible toilets are available next to the café
- There are Changing Places toilets available in the Town Hall and in the Library at the Lightbox, both less than half a mile away in the town centre
Visitors with hearing impairments
- Portable hearing loops available on the front desk - please speak to a member of staff for further information
- Subtitles on films
Visitors with visual impairments
- Assistance dogs are welcome in all areas of the Gallery
Visitors with autism or learning disabilities
- We are running relaxed openings throughout the summer on the following dates, 10am-3pm:
Wednesday 4th AugustInteractives will be turned off or down where possible to create a more relaxed environment in the museum. We cannot guarantee reduced visitor numbers on these dates but have selected times when the museum is usually quiet.
Friday 13th August
Wednesday 18th August
Friday 27th August
Friday 3rd September
Relaxed storytelling sessions will be taking place in the Cooper Garden or Sadler Room at 10.30am on the following dates:
Book your place here
- We have social stories for each of our sites
- We have sensory backpacks available with ear defenders, fidget toys and torches - please ask at reception
- Our garden area is usually a relaxed and calm environment, but please check our events page for details of activities that maybe taking place on specific days.
We have audio descriptions of a selection objects from our collections.