Cooper Creative Writers
In this half day workshop for KS2, pupils will explore the Cooper Gallery collection as a basis for imaginative thinking and creative writing. During guided writing activities, pupils will develop their vocabulary as they learn to look at art in new ways. The theme for this session is ‘Journeys’.
During the day you will:
• Work in front of original art from the Cooper collection to produce writing based on the people in the paintings and the people who collected them.
• Find new ways of looking at the paintings and drawings in the collection.
• Learn how to ‘paint a picture with words’, producing creative writing which can be developed back at school.
Art and Design
• Pupils will compose and rehearse sentences orally, progressively building a varied and rich vocabulary.
• Pupils will think aloud, exploring and collecting ideas for writing.
• Pupils will read their own writing aloud, to a group or the whole class, using appropriate intonation.
• Pupils will draft and write by selecting appropriate grammar and vocabulary, understanding how such choices can change and enhance meaning.
• Pupils will propose changes to vocabulary, grammar and punctuation to enhance effects and clarify meaning.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01226 774872 for more details or to book your visit.